Support & FOUNDATION:
A Note from the Chairman
As part of Atlantic Health System, Newton Medical Center is making the bold leap from community mainstay to state-of-the-art, award-winning medical facility. In case you missed the news, in 2013, our hospital ranked #1 in New Jersey for hospitals our size for the second year in a row!
One of the advantages of my longtime involvement with the hospital is sharing the stories of the great things we’re doing at Newton Medical Center. Here are some of the highlights:
- The new in-house MRI Suite: I’m really proud of this one, because it means our patients will no longer have to be transported to an outpatient facility to get this critical diagnostic test.
- A new conference and education center has expanded our capabilities for clinical training, health and community education, and staff development. I cannot overemphasize the importance of continuing training and education – for our staff and for our community.
- Our newly designed wound care and occupational/physical therapy unit mean state-of-the-art treatment and equipment – close to home.
- A new reconfigured lobby to provide an efficient, convenient area for people needing outpatient services.
- Newly designed patient rooms providing the safest equipment and modern accommodations for all of our patients.
Newton Medical Center is a special kind of hospital because of the values we embrace. We know most of our patients by name because they are not just our patients; they are our friends, neighbors, co-workers and loved ones. And we take care of them with the same respect, compassion and dignity with which we all wish to be treated.
In addition, we are fully committed to hiring the best physicians, nurses and technologists, to providing the best facilities and the latest technologies, and to giving our patients quality, compassionate care, close to home.
On behalf of all of us who serve Newton Medical Center in many different capacities, I thank everyone who supports our hospital. Together we will continue to invest in making Newton Medical Center a hospital we can all be proud of.
Chairman, Newton Medical Center Foundation