Caring for you... All life long
NMH Medical Staff Announces New Officers
May 24, 2010
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Public Relations Coordinator
Work (973) 579-8699
Cell (862) 266-5315
Fax (973) 383-5374
NEWTON – At a recent meeting of the Newton Memorial Hospital Full Medical Staff, physicians approved the hospital’s physician officers and the officers of each department. These skilled physicians represent the clinical leadership for all areas of Newton Memorial Hospital.
Under the direction of NMH Chief of Staff Paul J. Owens, M.D., the following physicians will serve in leadership roles.
- Vice Chief of Staff, Donald J. Rubino, M.D.
- Secretary, James H. Porter, M.D.
- Treasurer, Steven W. Sarner, M.D.
Below is a list of the Department Officers:
- Department of Anesthesiology- Chief, Edgar L. Yu, M.D.; Vice Chief, John N. Kouvaras, D.O.
- Department of Emergency Medicine- Chief, David G. Mattes, M.D.; Vice Chief, Michael T. Burgio, M.D.
- Department of Medicine- Chief, Samir D. Shah, M.D.; Vice Chief, Hima B. Kadiyala, M.D.
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology- Chief, Geeta Sehgal, D.O.; Vice Chief, Frieda E. Lewis, M.D.
- Department of Pathology- Chief, Rebecca B. Vergara, M.D.; Vice Chief, Tarik Kumral, M.D.
- Department of Pediatrics- Chief, Mia C. Piggee, M.D.; Vice Chief, Annette L. Rossetti-Cartaxo, M.D.
- Department of Psychiatry- Chief, Sandra L. Squires, M.D.; Vice Chief, Jenny A. Blanchard, D.O.
- Department of Radiology- Chief Hector O. Cordero, M.D., Vice Chief, Matthew T. Skalla, M.D.
- Department of Surgery- Chief, Christian A. Robertozzi, D.P.M.; Vice Chief, Glen E. Bradish, M.D.
“With all the changes happening in health care these days, especially right here at Newton Hospital, it's especially gratifying to see physicians extending themselves beyond their clinical responsibilities to help lead Newton Memorial into the next era,” said Dr. Owens.