Patients & Visitors:
Family & Visitors
Newton Medical Center...
...welcomes visitors for our patients. Visiting relatives and friends can aid in recovery and improve patient morale.
Our aim is to provide a safe and healing environment for our patients. Rest and quiet are essential elements for our patients’ well-being.
The following guidelines have been established:
- Visitors are limited to two (2) people at a time in order to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our patients, and to assure a restful environment.
- Visitors should use public restrooms rather than patient bathrooms.
- To protect patients’ privacy and minimize noise, cell phone use is restricted to waiting rooms and common areas such as the hospitality shop, lobby and meeting rooms.
- Please do not sit on patient beds, as a courtesy to patients.
- You may be requested to leave a patient’s room during an examination. A nurse will indicate when you may return.
- Use of cameras, including the camera feature on cell phones, is prohibited.
- Overnight stays in patients’ rooms are not permitted. For extenuating circumstances, contact the Nurse Manager.
- People with colds or infections should not visit.
- Please let our front desk staff know when you are leaving so that others may visit your relative or friend.
- Newton Medical is a smoke-free hospital. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on hospital grounds.
General visiting hours at the hospital are 11:00am to 8:00pm daily. Newton Medical Center supports a patient-centered, 24-hour 7-days-a-week open visitation philosophy. Open visitation allows visitation outside the general visiting hours. Some exceptions do apply as noted below, so please speak with the nursing staff on the specific unit you plan to visit to get the most up-to-the-minute information.
Restrictions apply in the following areas:
- Parents of the newborn are admitted at all times
- Visitors 11:00am to 8:00pm
- Non-siblings under the age of 12 are not permitted.
Monday through Friday, 6:30 to 8:30pm or by special arrangement
Visitation is limited to family and significant others in the following areas:
Labor and Delivery Unit, Intensive Care Unit